As a member of the New York Housing Association, you will see that our primary goal is to be your #1 resource center!
Your Membership Investment in the New York Housing Association
Membership in the Association is open to any corporation, sole proprietorship, LLC or partnership doing business in or having an interest in the manufactured or modular housing industry in New York State.
To qualify as a member in good standing, a business must join in its entirety. For example, a business owning a retail sales center and two communities or multiple sales centers must join inclusive of all businesses combined.
The Board of Directors has worked very hard to develop a format that takes into consideration the diversity of its membership.
Top Ten Reasons to Join the New York Housing Association
- YOU need a strong and effective voice at YOUR legislature.
- YOU need to stay abreast of emerging trends and issues that affect YOUR business.
- YOU will have the advantage of all services provided by the industry’s advocates in Washington D.C. – the Manufactured Housing Institute (MHI) and the Manufactured Housing Association for Regulatory Reform (MHARR).
- YOU will receive the monthly Housing Now newsletter and timely alerts with information regarding proposed legislation, law changes, statistics, coming events, etc.
- YOU will be able to attend members-only conferences and seminars where experts and educational speakers are brought in to discuss important issues concerning the industry and YOUR business.
- YOU will be able to register for meetings, pay online and be part of the Members Only section of the Association’s interactive website.
- YOUR image will be enhanced by membership.
- YOU will have networking opportunities with lenders, suppliers, and service organizations.
- YOU will build relationships with other successful industry members.
- The wealth of information YOU will be exposed to will improve YOUR business.
NYHA Membership Benefits
- Meet and greet old and new friends at the many educational and social gatherings offered throughout the year!
- Area Meetings – traditionally held each Spring – NYHA takes our brain power on the road. As a member, you can attend any one of the regional informal Area Meetings free of charge. You get to ask questions…you get extra information on all the hot topics without having to travel too far!
- Annual Convention – held in October – a multiple-day, industry focused educational program mixed with an opportunity to connect socially with other industry professionals!
- Summer Golf Outing – held in August – this annual fundraiser is an excellent social networking opportunity and a great excuse to get you out of the office to spend a day in the sun!
- NYHA serves as the industry spokesperson and liaison with NYS legislators as well as regulatory agencies on the local, state and federal levels. In concert with our full-time lobbyist, Greenberg Traurig, we constantly monitor and work towards sound and cost effective legislative and regulatory changes.
- Active Manufactured Housing Political Action Committee (MHPAC) to raise awareness of issues related to legislation that may have an impact on the industry.
- Housing Now is NYHA’s monthly newsletter that is chock-full of valuable information. Plus…advertising rates are very reasonable. It’s a great resource tool and a fantastic advertising opportunity!
- NYHA's Library is full of current and historical information on the manufactured housing industry. All of these journals and articles are available to NYHA members at no cost.
- NYHA’s Website is updated regularly and includes current classes, events, an online Membership Directory and has a “member’s only” area.
- Members only Resource Materials are available to our members in the Member’s Only Area and will include sample forms and information invaluable to community owners/managers, retailers, manufacturers, installers, etc.
- Certification – NYHA hosts courses throughout NYS at various times during the year, at a reduced cost, for you to become certified in NYS as a manufacturer, retailer, installer & mechanic. We also offer the required three hour continuing education course that must be completed once every two years.
- Pick our Brains – your NYHA staff is available to assist you with industry related questions. We’re here to make your life a little easier. Anytime you have a question, need a form, need advice…simply call or email NYHA and we will be at your service. Tel: 800-721-HOME Email: email@example.com
- Discounts for all events offered to members only.
- FREE classified ads on the www.nyhousing.org website for NYHA members.
- Housing Now – Monthly newsletter chock-full of valuable information. The newsletter goes out to nearly 500 manufactured housing businesses each month. It’s a great resource with plenty of fantastic advertising opportunities!
- Website Link – NYHA Members receive a FREE link from NYHA’s online Member Directory to their business’s website, making it simple for other Industry Professionals and Consumers to find you!
- Access to Membership Database - NYHA’s membership listing is available electronically to our members at no cost.