2022 MH PAC Donation Request
The New York Housing Association MH Political Action Committee is always watching out for your business interests. We will continue to work with the State Executive & Legislature; the Department of State; the Division of Housing & Community Renewal; the Division of Taxation & Finance; the Department of Transportation and other agencies on issues affecting factory-built housing and affordable housing in NY. Advocacy issues that are front and center for the manufactured and modular housing industry in New York include:
- Title Surrender / Title Reform
- Regulatory Reasonableness
- Transportation Reform
- Rent and evictions
Many bills are introduced in the Senate and the Assembly every year. We work diligently to promote Manufactured & Modular Housing, and let our voice be heard by your Legislators. We have opposed the following in the past, and plan to continue fighting against these if they are introduced in the future:
- Right of First Refusal (in all circumstances)
- Rent Increase Limitations (even stricter than those passed in 2019)
In addition, affordable housing is one of the major issues that the legislature will be tackling over the next years. We need to make sure that legislators and the Governor understand the importance of manufactured housing as a significant source of affordable housing in New York.
Advocacy is not just getting legislation that the industry wants. It is far too often that a great deal of time is spent defending over-burdensome regulations. For example, there is a tenant’s group trying to get laws passed for:
- Lease and rule mandates
- Tenant’s right of first refusal for sale of a manufactured home community
- Promoting extension of eviction moratoriums
In addition to the above known threats, there are municipalities throughout the state that still do not know it is against the law for them to discriminate against Manufactured Housing. We are working with many communities to help get Zoning Codes updated to cease this discrimination.
WHAT CAN YOU DO TO PROTECT YOUR BUSINESS?
Having an active presence in the legislature is crucial to ensuring that your voices are heard. It is also important that legislators and legislative leadership to know our organization, not just from our lobbying presence, but also in the informal setting of fundraisers and other political events.
- Keeping your business classified as an essential business during the Covid-19 pandemic so you were not mandated to shut down;
- Continued dialogue with State legislators and State agencies on issues of importance of manufactured housing to New York’s housing needs and to the economy.
HELP AMPLIFY THE VOICE FOR THE MANUFACTURED AND MODULAR HOUSING INDUSTRY!
Please use this donation form - all donations are appreciated!